1. Cognitive Technology to Generate Tax Information from Structured and Unstructured Data
Client: Client is a Big 4 Consulting Firm, which was looking to simplify identification, review and remediation of recoverable taxes.
Need: Eliminate manual review of recoverable indirect taxes performed by tax analyst.
- Perform transactional data extraction and automate batch pulling of source documents from a variety of ERP systems
- Built scalable capacity to handle significant volumes of data to conduct a complete, thorough review
- Use cognitive technology to convert unstructured data into normalized data and associate the data with client AP data using Optical Character Recognition
- Extract taxes paid for each line item and identify taxability of each line item
- Use Machine Learning models to identity the taxability of each invoice. Tax team has to determine taxability only for few invoices, which is used to train the ML models
- Reduced manual errors by 80%
Results: Automated invoices review reduced workload by 90%.
2. Automated Auditing of Public Accounting Tying Out Financial Statements
Client: Client is a Big 4 Consulting Firm, which was looking to make its audit functions more effective and less error prone
Need: Reduce manual effort involved in “Tie-Out” process to review financial documents
- Developed Audit Tie-Out app to transform how client audit practice delivers services to its clients
- Analyzed financial statements for specific text
- Used natural language processing techniques to recognize document parts
- Implemented Machine Learning to make the algorithm self-learning
Results: Increased the quality, reduced the effort, and decreased time taken for Tie Out procedures and statement reviews
3. Monitoring Log Solution that Captures Attestations from Participants to Assess Consistency
Client: Client is a consortium of bank looking for a solution to capture information required for auditing
Need: Replace existing platform for capturing attestation messages and requiring manual intervention to generate information needed for external auditors to authenticate for consistency
Solution: Utilized Ethereum based distributed ledger technology and UI Design and UX Engineering to develop the solution that captured daily attestations, detected anomaly, performed health reporting and acknowledgments
Results: The client managed to capture all the information required for auditing
4. Mobile Payments Application Enabling Businesses to Accept Credit Cards
Client:The client is a leading payment solution provider for all retail and e-commerce applications
Need: Enable businesses to accept credit cards from their customers on their Android device with an Internet or Wi-Fi connection
Solution: Once the free app is downloaded, the optional card reader is plugged in and users are ready to accept any Visa, American Express, Mastercard, Discover, or JCB card from their customers. Capture a Digital Signature on the screen and email a receipt, all from the business mobile device.
- Processed all sales, refunds, and pre-authorized payments
- Daily, weekly and monthly to date reports in real-time
- Completely secure and PCI compliant – No card data is stored on the device
- Individual merchant account with individual’s description showing on their card statement
Results: Innominds successfully built a mobile payments application that enabled the client to accept credit cards from its customers on their devices